Joomla Custom fields export for Joomla Articles
Joomla has variety of custom fields and RO CSVI supports the import and export of these custom fields. This document explains on how to export these custom fields for Joomla content.
Import Joomla articles as menu items in RO CSVI
This document explains on how to import Joomla articles as Joomla menu items using RO CSVI Joomla menu import template.
Joomla Custom fields import
RO CSVI Supports import of all Joomla core custom fields starting with 7.15.0 version. This document explains on how to import Joomla custom field with Joomla article.
I want to add Joomla content associations
Managing a multi-language site can be quite challenging dus to the large number of articles. In addition to importing the article content, RO CSVI supports adding Joomla content associations on import. This tutorial will explain step by step on how to add Joomla content associations.
Available Fields for Joomla Content
Here you will find all the available fields that can be used in the Joomla Content import and export routines. Please see the relevant tutorials on how to use these fields in a specific scenario.
Joomla content export
Creating the export template
A template can be created by following these steps:
- Go to Components -> RO CSVI -> Templates
- Click New
- Give the template a name
- Set Action to Export
- Set Component to Joomla content
- Set Operation to Content
- Click Next: Select Source
- Destination is set default to Download. No need for change.
- Click Next: Select options
- The default values are OK, change if needed.
- Click Next: Select fields
- Fields must be added otherwise there is nothing for CSVI to export. Click Edit template fields.
- A new window opens with the Template fields page. You can add new fields by clicking New or Quick Add.
- When all fields are added you can close the window
- Click Next: Finalize
- All done here
- Click Close to return to the list of templates or Edit if you want to fine-tune the template further.
Add the fields to export
Template fields can be added by following these steps:
- Go to Components -> CSVI Pro -> Templates
- Click on Template fields
- In the Search Tools select your template
- Click on New to add a single field or click on Quick Add to add multiple fields.
The Quick Add Option allows you to quickly add multiple fields to a template. It is not possible to set any settings per field here but that can be done after the fields have been added to the template.
Run the export
The export can be run by following these steps:
- Go to Components -> RO CSVI -> Export
- Select the template created earlier
- Click Export
- The export is run
- The Log details page will be shown with information regarding the export if the Enable logging is enabled in the template
Exporting Joomla custom fields with Joomla content is possible with RO CSVI. The custom fields for an article will be available as a template field to export as other normal template fields. If you don't see the custom field in template fields list, make sure to update available fields.
As an example, say if there is a custom field Additional information added to Joomla articles. This field can be exported by adding to the export fields.
Joomla Content supported operations
In RO CSVI we offer a number of import and export routines to manage your Joomla data. This is the complete list of Joomla Content supported operations. The majority of operations are available for both import and export although some are for a specific task so they can only be used for either import or export.
Set the meta description for the article.