Joomla has variety of custom fields and RO CSVI supports the import and export of these custom fields. This document explains on how to export these custom fields for Joomla content.
In this document we are explaining on how to export Joomla custom fields for Joomla Articles. The same procedure should be followed for Joomla categories and Joomla contacts custom fields except that the template used are Joomla Categories export and Joomla Contacts export.
Things to remember before starting Joomla custom field export for an article.
1. Export of Joomla custom fields for an article is done using Joomla Content export template.
2. Once you have the custom fields created, Update your available fields.
3. You should have installed Joomlacustomfields RO CSVI Extension and enabled it from Joomla Plugin manager.
Here is the list of Joomla core custom fields
- Text custom field
- Calendar custom field
- Checkbox custom field
- Color custom field
- Editor custom field
- Integer custom field
- List custom field
- Image list custom field
- Media custom field
- Radio custom field
- Textarea custom field
- URL custom field
- Repeatable custom field
- User custom field
- Usergroup list custom field
In this document we are explaining export of only two of these custom fields. The custom fields are Text custom field and Repeatable custom field. The rest of the custom fields can be exported in same way.
1. Say if you have an article which has text and repeatable custom fields set on Fields tab and you need to export these values along with article in RO CSVI.
2. Create Joomla Content export template by setting component to Joomla content, Action to Export and Operation to Content.
3. On RO CSVI template fields page, add export fields alias, catid, text-field, repeatable-field.
4. Run the export from RO CSVI Export page.
5. The export file would look like