I have a customer running a store with Joomdonation eShop. They now wish to deploy an EPOS system and want me to integrate eShop with the new platform.
I know RO CSVI does not support eShop directly, but I was hoping I could utilise it to help with the following key integrations;
- EPOS sends inventory / pricing feed -> eShop at scheduled interval.
- eShop woould send order details -> EPOS on receipt including customer data, SKUS, quantities and price
- EPOS would send eShop order status updates when order is processed (picked & packed)
Hoping not to have to re-platform the web store, I am hoping RO CSVI can help with this.
I have had a look through the documentation, the community and had a look at the demo. I would be grateful if the following questions could be answered to help me decide if this is the correct solution.
1. RO CSVI can import to and export from selected fields in any Joomla database table?
While not supported directly, I would hope that RO CSVI can access the tables underlying eShop and allow me import / export data through custom configuration?
2. Can RO CSVI be configured to update data in a table as it exports?
Ideally, I'd like to update the 'status' field in an order from 'received 'to 'processing' when I export the order data. Can such an update be done as part of the export process, or would I need to run a separate import to update the table?
3. Can RO CSVI move a file once imported?
I would like to import a file from an FTP directory and, once successfully imported, move the source file to an 'archive' folder, or delete it. Can this be done as part of the import process?
4. Can RO CSVI send email notifications or alters if an import job fails for any reason?
5. Is there actual documentation?
The documentation section of the site seems to be a small collection of blog-type articles. Is there structured documentation available anywhere? I see a lot of references in the community indicating that the system is easy to use once the techniques are understood, but I'm not finding any really clear process documented that would get me started?