1. roderic
  2. RO CSVI
  3. Friday, 14 January 2022
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi,

After updating to 8.2.0, the export file has shrunk to 127kb instead of 5MB. I don't see any setting limiting the export and it seems completely random as to which products are being exported and which are not. Logfile is attached.

Update:
After every export the products that are in the XML file are different.
Attachments (1)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hello Roderic,
I don't see any setting limiting the export

I see from your debug log that you have set stock level as filter in your export template. Are you sure that products are having stock greater than or equal to 1?

After every export the products that are in the XML file are different.

I don't see a reason to get different products. Can you post the debug log of the two exports with different products?
Kind regards,

Tharuna

=========================
If you use CSVI, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extension Directory
  1. one week ago
  2. RO CSVI
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hi,

So I've did some more testing and it seems like the problem was that I set minimum stock to 1 and left maximum empty. This worked before the update to 8.2.0 but this caused an issue after the update. I've now filled in the maximum amount of stock as well and it now seems to export all the products again (those that have a stock between 1 and 1000).
  1. 6 days ago
  2. RO CSVI
  3. # 2
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hello Roderic,
This worked before the update to 8.2.0 but this caused an issue after the update.

Not sure how that worked in previous version as there has been no change with the code. Probably you did not have product stock filter set in export with previous version?
Kind regards,

Tharuna

=========================
If you use CSVI, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extension Directory
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RO CSVI
  3. # 3
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hello,

Probably you did not have product stock filter set in export with previous version?


100% sure it was set-up exactly the same way. That's why it also took me several hours to find the solution as that was already set-up that way for weeks and worked before.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RO CSVI
  3. # 4
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hello,
By any chance you have debug log of the old version on export or you have the export running on old version to check? I am just curious to know the difference with these two exports as i am 100% sure there is no changes with code.
Kind regards,

Tharuna

=========================
If you use CSVI, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extension Directory
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RO CSVI
  3. # 5
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hello,

No, unfortunately not as there were no problems before the update, didn't need to export the log to check and thus nothing in my downloads folder.
  1. 4 days ago
  2. RO CSVI
  3. # 6
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hello Roderic,
You said when the product stock filter is not set products are exported in random and not all the products are included in export and this happens only with RO CSVI 8.2.0 version. Does this happen on the test site you shared with us? We need to reproduce this issue so to find the cause for it. I am not able to reproduce this issue in my local test site.
Kind regards,

Tharuna

=========================
If you use CSVI, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extension Directory
  1. 2 days ago
  2. RO CSVI
  3. # 7
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hi Tharuna,

You said when the product stock filter is not set


When the stock filter minimum is set to 1 and the maximum is left empty, then yes. But I just set this back to how it was and exported 4 times, the same amount of products got exported everytime. So I don't know what changed.

In the test site I also imported the same template, took me a while to get it working as it was exporting empty XML files, no matter what setting I changed. I also depublished all the export fields except SKU. Still no luck. But eventhough I said it should export 0 images and the file_url field was disabled, there was still lines in the logfile that suggested it was looking for files. I then removed the file_url field from the template and only then it started exporting products.

So I think there was a similar issue before. Unpublishing a template field is not enough. It needs to be removed to be ignored completely.

Attached is a logfile of one of the many export attempts before I got it working on the test site.
Attachments (1)
  1. 2 days ago
  2. RO CSVI
  3. # 8
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hello Roderic,
When the stock filter minimum is set to 1 and the maximum is left empty, then yes. But I just set this back to how it was and exported 4 times, the same amount of products got exported everytime. So I don't know what changed.

We did not change anything:D

So I think there was a similar issue before. Unpublishing a template field is not enough. It needs to be removed to be ignored completely.

If a field is unpublished it will not be included in export file but the processing happens as other export fields. That is because, the value of the field can be used in rules and it is necessary the field gets the value to be used in rules. So it is recommended to remove the field if it not used in export or in rules. That would ease the export too.
Kind regards,

Tharuna

=========================
If you use CSVI, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extension Directory
  1. 1 day ago
  2. RO CSVI
  3. # 9
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!