End of year RO CSVI 8.1.0 release
Last month we released RO CSVI 8.0.0 stable which supports both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4. To finish off 2021 we are presenting you with RO CSVI 8.1.0 with a bunch of fixes and a few extras.
There are a lot of small fixes in this release, most of them only show up in specific circumstances so we thank you for reporting this issues. The most notable fix is in the export routines. Running an export may generate an error that you need to group by on fields. This is actually a configuration setting on the database. RO CSVI follows this setting but this was catching users off-guard as Joomla turns off strict mode on the database, RO CSVI now also turns off strict mode so the export no longer requires you to group by your fields in the export.
In Joomla 4 you may run into database errors in certain circumstances, these have now all been fixed and the database can be updated via the Check Database option on the About page. This includes that the database connection now enforces UTF8MB4 collation for exporting values in all different kind of languages.
The ICEcat index file has undergone a change in which a new field has been added, RO CSVI has added support for this field now as well.
HikaShop Arithmetic operations
The HikaShop Product import now supports arithmetic operations for the product_quantity field. This way you can update stock as you like. The operations available are:
Custom Fields for All
The way values are handled for Custom Fields for All has been changed to no longer delete them and add them again but only delete and add where needed. This way the entries keep their IDs and the output will stay the same.
Changes in RO CSVI 8.1.0 stable
Check the full list of changes in this release:
- Fixed adding template fields when using Load from database with Joomla connection
- Changed to allow rules without a form
- Changed database values to adhere to non-NULL values
- Fixed calling triggers in PHP 8
- Changed to lower threshold for RSForm! Pro fields
- Fixed error in calculating product prices in VirtueMart Product export
- Changed to show an error message on the result page
- Fixed group by for VirtueMart Product, VirtueMart Google, VirtueMart Yandex exports
- Changed to not delete Custom Fields For All values if used by other products in VirtueMart Product import
- Changed to show error message on result page instead of process page
- Fixed PHP and Joomla version checks
- Fixed the database verification for NULL fields
- Fixed undefined notice and grouped by for price_quantity_start field in VirtueMart Product export
- Changed to add charset to export database connection
- Fixed parent check on Joomla Menu import
- Added support for zipfiles when restoring templates
- Changed turn off strict mode for database queries
- Added support for arithmetic operations for product_quantity in HikaShop Product import
- Added support for new Icecat field in index file
- Fixed import of images with file_name in HikaShop Product import
- Fixed some modals not showing up
- Fixed XML import stops when encountering an empty node
- Fixed failure on retrieving remote images
A full changelog of all changes is available on the download page of RO CSVI 8.1.0.