RO CSVI 7.20.0 release
This new release of RO CSVI is a regular feature release containing some bugfixes and some new features. There seems to be a never-ending thirst for features, and where possible we try to quench that thirst. This release sees some improvements for J2Store and as always, VirtueMart support has been extended as well.
A small player in the field of e-commerce but we see a steady increase in the number of users and as such also the requests come in. In this RO CSVI 7.20.0 release we have added the following features:
- Option to specify SKUs for generated variants
- Quantity field for variants on import
- Quantity field for variants on export
XML parsing updated
One bigger change is that we fixed the XML parsing. There were actually two parsers, one for the import and one for the analyzer. This has now been converted into a single parser that is used by both the import and the analyzer. At the same time we have made the parser more robust to be able to handle more XML variations. If you notice any issues with your XML files, do not hesitate to let us know and we can have a look.
The conditional rule has been upgraded to be able to fill another field with a value based on the value of the field being processed. For example, you want to set the value of field X to 5 but only if field Y has a value of 2. This is now possible with the conditional rule. The documentation is not ready yet but should become available in the next few days. You can read on how to use this new feature in the Replace a field with the value of another field using a rule document.
This time we added a small option in the VirtueMart Product import, where you can set that any related categories should be deleted on import. This can help to clean out any related categories for products that no longer use them.
Joomla User Import
The Joomla User import no longer requires the usergroup field for existing users. During the import of Joomla users and the user already exists in the system, the usergroup fieldname is optional. In case the field does exist and have a value, the groups the user is assigned to will be updated.
Changes in RO CSVI 7.20.0
Check the full list of changes in this release:
- Fixed template fields linked to the wrong template alias in Custom Table export
- Fixed warning on installation fo example templates
- Fixed additional images using wrong path in J2Store Product import
- Fixed creating child products with Stockable Custom Fields values in VirtueMart Product import
- Changed the handling of XML files to be more robust
- Added option to specify SKUs for generated variants in J2Store product import using field option_skus
- Fixed custom table setting deleted on save in Custom Table export
- Changed node names in XML are now case-sensitive
- Fixed example bridge templates are broken
- Fixed incorrect columns shown in field list for export templates
- Changed updated the example templates with a tag example
- Added quantity field for J2Store Variants import
- Added quantity field for J2Store Variants export
- Added option to import PDF files in VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed unknown column error in VirtueMart Category export
- Added option to update a field with the value of another field in the Conditional Rule
- Fixed child products not updated in correct order with Stockable Custom Fields import
- Changed export related products and related categories based on ordering in VirtueMart Product export
- Added option to delete related categories on VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed Sort By fields not used in VirtueMart Order export