To setup Joomla! as an Identity Provider is a little tricky because the configuration can get lost sometimes. Here we explain the steps on how to achieve this.
These are the steps to setup Joomla! as an Identity Provider:
- Get the Service Provider metadata URL
- Go to RO Single Sign On
- Click on Dashboard
- Click on the tab Tips & Information
- Copy the Service Provider metadata URL
- Login to the server using SSH
- Go to the folder /WEBROOT/libraries/simplesamlphp/modules/metarefresh/bin/
- Execute the command `php metarefresh.php URL`
Replace URL with the Service Provider metadata URL from step 1.4
- The file metadata-generated/saml20-sp-remote.php contains the data of the IDP as Service Provider.
Importing any metadata URL will remove the instance of the IDP as Service Provider. This must be manually added back into the file.