CSVI 7.0 version
VirtueMart 3.0 or higher
A Google sitemap can be created using VirtueMart product export operation with the following steps.
Create a template by selecting Component as VirtueMart, Action as Export and Operation as Product in template Details tab.
Under File tab set the following optins
- Set Export type to XML
- Set Website to Custom
- Set Export State to Published. This is needed because only published products should appear in the sitemap as unpublished products are not accessible.
To design the layout of the sitemap, under XML layout tab set the following
- Fill the header with the text:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9" xmlns:image="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap-image/1.1">
- Fill the body with the text:
<url> <loc>[product_url]</loc> <image:image> <image:loc>[picture_url]</image:loc> </image:image> </url>
- Fill the footer with the text:
- Click on apply to save your changes
Add the template fields needed for export on CSVI template fields page.
- Add the fields:
- Fill in the column header for the product_url and picture_url fields
- Publish the fields product_url and picture_url and to unpublish product_sku field.
Finally we are done with setting up the template. Go to CSVI Export page and select the Google sitemap template to download the sitemap file.