PHP 7 is nowadays the default PHP version used by hosting providers. Unfortunately, many hosting providers use older PHP 7 versions. The recommended version is PHP 7.3 or higher but often older PHP versions are still being used. You can check the versions supported by the PHP project. RO CSVI requires a minimum of PHP 7.1. Checking your PHP version in Joomla is very easy.
Here is how to check what PHP version your system is really using:
- Log in to the back end of your Joomla installation
- Go to System and click on System Information
- You will now see the basic information of your system
- Check your PHP version as circled in red on the image
- This is the PHP version your system is using. If this says PHP 7.2 or lower then it is time to ask your hosting provider how to update.