RO Payments 5.0.0
This release has taken quite some time to see the light of day but today is the day that RO Payments 5 sees the light of day. Continuing on from JD iDEAL Gateway which has now been renamed to RO Payments. The majority of the improvements are under the hood. The code has been updated to meet the newest Joomla and PHP standards. This is the first step to prepare for Joomla 4.
The biggest change in this release is that the requirements of RO Payments have been increased. RO Payments has now the following requirements:
- Joomla 3.9 or higher
- PHP 7.2 or higher
If you do not meet these requirements it is time to update your site and server. Most hosts nowadays offer PHP 7.2 so it shouldn't be a problem to update the PHP version.
The most notable change in this release is the support of recurring payments from Mollie. You can now offer recurring payments from your website provided you are using Mollie as payment provider. We have written up the article Recurring Payments with RO Payments and Mollie explaining how the recurring payments work and how they need to be setup.
Going forward we are investigating how to further expand the possibilities of the recurring system.
Some things never change, that is our on-going support for RSForm!Pro. This release has a minor fix to not show a price if the price is 0.
Updating to RO Payments can be done through the Joomla Updater but you will need to take the following steps:
- Go to My Subscriptions page
- Note the download ID for RO Payments
- Login to your website
- Go to JD iDEAL Gateway
- Click on Options in the top right corner
- Click on the Download Tab
- Enter the new Download ID
- Save & Close the changes
- Go to Extensions -> Manage Update
- Click on Clear Cache
- Click on Find Updates
- Select RO Payments
- Click on Update
- Joomla will now install the update
In case you cannot update, please download the packages directly from the download page.
Check the full list of changes in this release:
- Rename JD iDEAL Gateway to RO Payments
- Refactor to use Joomla namespaces
- Recurring payments with Mollie
- Do not show price if it is empty in RSForm!Pro
- Fixed language filter should not be used if it is not enabled
- Bootstrapping Joomla in notify script
- Update Mollie API to version 2.10.0
- Remove Akeeba Subscriptions