More Joomla core support in the RO CSVI 8.4.0 release
As Joomla 4 gains more and more traction we are also improving our Joomla core support. This release contains a number of changes to help migrating content to Joomla 4. We added 2 example templates for migrating K2 content to Joomla articles and menu associations made it in as well.
JSON import support
In addition to the list of already supported import formats, JSON support has now been added as well.
We see more and more users wanting to migrate their Joomla 3 site with K2 to a Joomla 4 core site. To help you with this migration we have added 2 example templates. One template is to run the export on your Joomla 3 site and the other template is for the import of that data on your Joomla 4 site. This works out of the box but you can also tweak the templates to your own needs.
The Joomla Menu import has been improved with support for importing associations as we already have in other Joomla imports. We also fixed some issues in the Joomla Menu import with keeping the hierarchy.
The Joomla Modules export has a revised option to select which modules you would like to export. In the dropdown we have separated the Site Modules from the Administrator Modules, so you can easily see which module you are selecting. Instead of exporting a specific module type, you can now export the actual module(s) that are available in the site.
Other notable changes
We fixed some issues that are related to Joomla 4 database settings in case certain fields are not imported and there is no default value, this could lead to errors on import.
In Joomla some tables have a param field, which contains all kinds of settings, especially the menu table. It is possible that with a menu export/import this leads to problems due to the data stored in this field. To help with this, we added the option to set or remove the escape character used by CSV imports. In case of any problems, you can empty the escape character and the import should run just fine.
Changes in RO CSVI 8.4.0 stable
Check the full list of changes in this release:
- Added JSON support
- Fixed manufacturer import on Joomla 4 in VirtueMart Product import
- Improved modules filter in Joomla Modules export
- Fixed Joomla Tags import missing default description on Joomla 4
- Fixed Joomla Categories import missing default modified_time on Joomla 4
- Added category_path_canonical field for the canonical category in VirtueMart import
- Added category_path_canonical field for the canonical category in VirtueMart export
- Fixed tab name in VirtueMart Related Product import
- Added created_by_name in Joomla Content export
- Added modified_by_name in Joomla Content export
- Added locked_by_name in Joomla Content export
- Added option Use product custom fields in VirtueMart Order export
- Fixed error when Base Custom Fields of BreakDesigns is not installed in VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed extra field values on K2 Item export
- Added 2 new example templates for migrating K2 content from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 content
- Fixed button styling in File tab
- Added option to set an escape character for importing CSV files
- Added associations support for Joomla Menu import
- Added associations support for Joomla Menu export
A full changelog of all changes is available on the download page of RO CSVI 8.4.0.
This release is available for free to everyone with an active subscription from the Download section. If you do not have a subscription yet, you can subscribe here.