Moving forward with the RO CSVI 8.3.0 release
The RO CSVI 8.3.0 release has been in the pipeline for a while now but we wanted to clear out some difficult to grasp issues. Now that these have all been tackled we are able to wrap up all the goodies we have been working on, for example a Run button on the details page, so you can immediately restart your import.
In this release we added some quick buttons to move around RO CSVI faster as you work. A while ago we added the Run template button on the template edit page, so you can start running the template immediately. We have now extended this feature to the log details page, the page you see when an export or import has finished.
Another one is when you restore a template, RO CSVI shows the name of the template that has been restored and you can click the name to go directly to edit that template.
XLSX export format
RO CSVI has long had support for the XLS format but we have no added the XLSX format as well making it easier to export your data in a more portable manner.
The Joomla User import has been improved to be more flexible, these changes have been implemented:
- Keep the user ID
This can be used when moving users from another site but you want to maintain the existing IDs
- Password is optional
Providing a password is no longer required so you can also just update users without needing the password
- Usergroups are optional
Just like the password, user groups are optional now
With these 3 changes you can now maintain your users even easier than before.
Adding tags to articles was already possible but you had to include all tags, tags can now be appended so you only need to import any new tags you want to add to articles.
We also included 2 new example templates for migrating data from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 with al fields we think are needed to migrate data. Give it a try and let us know how you go.
This cannot be skipped of course as there are always changes for VirtueMart. The Order Advanced export now also has the product details available for export so you can include product specific data.
We fixed that in some cases the billing and shipping data got mixed in the Order and Order Advanced export.
The product, Google, and Yandex export did not export all products when the option to only export child products was selected. This now correctly exports child products and products without children.
For those using Google Sheets as export location, you can now use Custom Fields for All fields as template fields to make data more readable when exporting to Google Sheets.
Custom Fields for All
There have been a number of fixes and fine-tuning in our support for Custom Fields for All. Multi-language values are now imported correctly, removing links between custom fields and products now take into account any products that may still exist.
Stockable Custom Fields
The handling of stockable custom fields as derived product has been added. We fixed the deletion of removing stockable custom fields also removing rows of other parent products.
The PhocaCart Order import has landed and can now be used to import orders into PhocaCart when moving over to PhocaCart.
This release we have also been cleaning up issues in relation to PHP 8.1 so you can run RO CSVI on PHP 8.1 if you wish.
The skip rule has been extended with the option to compare dates. This can be used to skip items that are older or newer than a given date.
Other notable changes
There are some changes that also deserve some attention. One of them is that you can now set how many lines need to be skipped before reading the import file. Let us assume you have a file with 3 header rows, you could only skip the first row, now you can tell RO CSVI to skip the first 3 and start reading from row 4.
In Joomla 3 there was the repeatable field, in Joomla 4 this has been replaced with the subform field. RO CSVI now also handles the subform in export and import.
The Joomla Module export can now be filtered on which modules you want to export instead of everything.
Changes in RO CSVI 8.3.0 stable
Check the full list of changes in this release:
- Added option to template fields to indicate if it is a price field so it can be formatted as a price
- Added support for multiple values in a custom field in VirtueMart Product import
- Added support for multiple values in a custom field in VirtueMart Product export
- Fixed category image does not use path set in template in HikaShop Category import
- Added product fields in VirtueMart Order Advanced export
- Fixed import using old values in some circumstances
- Added support for appending tags in Joomla Content import
- Added missing billing fields in Advanced order export
- Fixed Custom Fields for All not importing multi-language values in VirtueMart Product import
- Improved handling of Stockable Custom Fields as derived products in VirtueMart Product import
- Show restored template name on log details page
- Fixed loading HikaShop export in front-end
- Fixed Custom Fields for All removes links to existing products
- Fixed exporting custom fields old values in VirtueMart Order export
- Changed to support context of custom field in Joomla custom fields
- Changed to make importing usergroups option in Joomla User import
- Added Edit and Run buttons on the logdetails page
- Changed to not enforce password on Joomla User import
- Added product_ordered field as available field in Product Availability template
- Fixed generating SEF URLs on a multi-language site
- Added support for K2 attachments in K2 Item export
- Added order item fields in J2Store Order export
- Fixed mixing shipping and billing details on VirtueMart Order export
- Fixed mixing shipping and billing details on VirtueMart Order Advanced export
- Added option in Skip rule to compare dates
- Added option to set number of lines to skip before import starts
- Fixed running front-end import in Joomla 4
- Fixed error in VirtueMart Product import in Joomla 4
- Fixed exporting child products and products without children in VirtueMart Product export
- Fixed exporting child products and products without children in VirtueMart Google export
- Fixed exporting child products and products without children in VirtueMart Yandex export
- Added support for XLSX as export format
- Changed deleting custom fields relation to check if there are any active relations that should not be deleted
- Added support for Custom Fields for All as template fields in VirtueMart Google export
- Added module filters in Joomla Module export
- Added option to Keep User ID on Joomla User import
- Added Phocart Order import
- Fixed custom export table on save deletes fields of first table
- Fixed loading columns greater than Z in Google Sheets
- Fixed Stockable Custom Fields removes rows of other parent products
- Added support for Joomla Custom field subform
- Fixed No column headers have been found in the file for Google Sheets import
- Updated Joomla Custom Fields example templates
- Changed Open template even if connection to Google fails to be able to edit connection details
- Fixed linepointer for Google Sheets
- Changed to use a default date for registerDate field in Joomla User import
- Fixed failing to read Google sheet when a filter spec is set
- Fixed several errors related to PHP 8.1
- Fixed language files not loaded for rules
- Added 2 new example templates for migrating Joomla content from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4
- Added tax_amount field in HikaShop Order export
A full changelog of all changes is available on the download page of RO CSVI 8.3.0.