RO CSVI 8.0.0 beta 2 release
Time has been flying since Joomla 4 was release 2 months ago and we see a steadily increase in users testing out Joomla 4 and see how it works for them. As a result we have been receiving feedback from users and we are grateful for that so we can make RO CSVI even better on Joomla 4.
Joomla 4 issues
Over the past few months we have seen a number of issues running imports and exports on Joomla 4 and we fixed all of them and believe this release is much more stable now and we can start looking at shaping up for a final release. At this time of writing we expect a stable release on December 1st, 2021.
We have extended the ICEcat support to allow you to choose which title you want to import for product names. This is useful in case you run a localized site and would like to have the product names in your own language rather than just English.
Probably the ugly duckling in the list of supported extensions but we still love our ugly duckling. Even though it is not used much we look at ways to improve support. One feature we added is that you can filter the export submissions on a value from the submissions. For example, you have a hidden field in your form called source. You can now filter on this field, to only get submissions from a specific source if you use the same form for multiple sources.
The Joomla Contact support has been extended with both tags and category support. Now you can import and export Joomla Contacts with tags in one go. The Joomla Contact import checks contact aliases against the category the contact lives in. This allows for duplicate aliases across different categories.
The example templates for VirtueMart we provide now include a Facebook Catalogue Example template. You can use this to export your VirtueMart products and import them into Facebook. We will be providing an example for HikaShop and J2Store in a future release.
We added support for allowing multiple prices to be imported with the Price import. A brand new import and export we added is for product limits. You can now also manage the product limits via an import and export using the Limit import and export.
J2Store offers a variety of different product types. While we support most of them we did not yet support the flexible variable product type. This is now changed, in this release we added support for this type so you can manage them just like any other product type.
The support for Phoca Cart is improving and we are adding more types and options to the imports but it is not quite there yet. This will be the focus point for the next release of RO CSVI 8.0.0, so we can have a feature complete addon. Currently we are working on order imports.
Changes in RO CSVI 8.0.0 beta 2
Check the full list of changes in this release:
- Fixed SFTP class not loading
- Moved the access check to the import script rantai.php to the About page
- Added support for localized titles for product names in ICEcat import
- Fixed onCompleteUserImport trigger to pass a valid user ID
- Added date formatting to all date fields in Joomla Content export
- Added option to filter RSForm! Pro submissions based on a submission field value
- Fixed fatal error on HikaShop usage in Joomla 4
- Added tags support in Joomla Contact import
- Added tags support in Joomla Contact export
- Fixed database not being updated on installation
- Fixed fatal error getting statistics running RO CSVI via the command line
- Fixed Google sheets import to show HTTP 403 error
- Added Facebook catalogue example template for VirtueMart
- Fixed HikaShop categories are not imported in Joomla 4
- Fixed restoring Sort By and Group By options in template
- Added support for multiple prices in HikaShop Price import
- Fixed Joomla Content import in Joomla 4
- Fixed debug log being stored in two places
- Fixed HikaShop Product import in Joomla 4
- Fixed SEF URLs not generated via Maintenance option
- Fixed storing custom_ordering for parent products in VirtueMart Product import
- Added support for flexible variable product type in J2Store Product import
- Added support for product limits in HikaShop Limit import
- Added support for product limits in HikaShop Limit export
- Fixed saving template of type Custom Table in Joomla 4
- Fixed Joomla Contact import in Joomla 4
- Fixed RO CSVI Custom Table import in Joomla 4
- Fixed Custom Fields import in Joomla 4
- Fixed Custom Field Groups import in Joomla 4
- Fixed administrator template not found running RO CSVI via the command line
- Fixed missing JDEBUG running RO CSVI via the command line in Joomla 4
- Changed error reporting on missing custom fields in Joomla Custom Field import
- Fixed Joomla Menu import in Joomla 4
- Fixed Joomla Users import in Joomla 4
- Fixed Joomla Modules import in Joomla 4
- Fixed Joomla Tags import in Joomla 4
- Fixed routing after catching an exception
- Added support for categories in Joomla Contacts
- Fixed user group selection not visible in Joomla 4