RO CSVI 7.18.0 release
The previous release featured a big new feature, Google Sheets support, we are happy to see that users are taking advantage of this great feature. After some feedback we fine-tuned the Google Sheets support. This RO CSVI 7.18.0 release also features some great new additions like Advanced Custom Fields support, the ability to import tags with your J2Store products and lots more.
Joomla Categories Associations
Multi-lingual sites are a lot of work to maintain, luckily RO CSVI can help in this area as well as you can import all your translated articles and associations at once. This is also possible for categories however the associations could not be exported. We have now completed this feature and category associations can be exported so you can import them into other sites or maintain them in a spreadsheet for your current site.
Advanced Custom Fields
This release we added a new extension to our list of supported extensions, you can now also import and export your Advanced Custom Fields by Tassos.gr setup with RO CSVI. They work exactly the same way as the Joomla core custom fields.
Support for VirtueMart has been around since the very first version and still on-going. We added the option to allow you to import multiple usergroups in the VirtueMart Userinfo import, so you can assign users to more than one group on import.
There have been some changes in the custom field support for VirtueMart as well. Multiple image custom fields can now be imported so you can setup more than one image using a custom field for a product. Empty custom fields are no longer imported, this keeps your products clean from custom fields you are not using for a particular product.
Especially worth noting is that we changed the way the shipping rates are exported in the VirtueMart Google export. In previous versions we cloned part of the VirtueMart code but this was not so stable, now we are requesting the rates from the shipping plugin. Do check if the rates are still correct after updating to RO CSVI 7.18.0.
Finally, the category handling has been improved to deal with the old and new versions of VirtueMart. This is what lead to the error Column 'category_parent_id' in field list is ambiguous.
The J2Store products are actually Joomla articles so it can take advantage of all the Joomla features, one of these features are tags. RO CSVI 7.18.0 now also supports importing tags with your J2Store products. The J2Store Product export supports tags as well so you can manage them anywhere you like.
To import customer addresses we did a check on email and address type but this is not enough in case a customer has multiple addresses, so we extended the check to also require the address_1 and zip fields. This way we can identify an address properly and add or update the address as needed. In the example templates we added an address import and address export template to get you started.
Recently HikaShop introduced a new feature, warehouses, where you can manage in which warehouse a product is stored. You can import and export the field warehouse_name to manage this field.
RO CSVI checks if the version of the addons are still up-to-date. In case there is no newer version of the addon or you don't want to update, this message can be annoying. In the general configuration of RO CSVI you can now turn off the addon version check.
Changes in RO CSVI 7.18.0
Check the full list of changes in this release:
- Added a trailing slash to the domainname if not set by the user
- Set correct filename casing to prevent failures to load file
- Added associations support for Joomla Category export
- Added multiple usergroups support in VirtueMart Userinfo import
- Added the global option to turn of or off the addon version check
- Changed handling product codes to allow special characters in HikaShop Order export
- Added support for Advanced Custom Fields
- Added support for tags in J2Store Product import
- Added support for tags in J2Store Product export
- Added support for multiple image custom fields in VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed Google export not loading default headers
- Added option to set how Google Sheets should treat the imported values
- Added empty custom fields are not imported in VirtueMart Product import
- Changed how the shipping cost is calculated in the VirtueMart Google export
- Changed category handing to support both old and new VirtueMart versions
- Added product warehouse support in HikaShop Product import
- Added example template J2Store Address import
- Added example template J2Store Address export
This release is available for free to everyone with an active subscription from the Download section. If you do not have a subscription yet, you can subscribe here.