Release RO CSVI 7.14.0
Less than a month ago we released our big update RO CSVI 7.13.0, today we are bringing you RO CSVI 7.14.0. We are doing this because it contains some important fixes and we added two cool new features.
Skipping empty custom fields in VirtueMart Product import
Nowadays most people use custom fields in some form or another, especially when it comes to products in a webshop, these are essential. The custom fields allow you to enhance your product in many ways. The problem comes when you need to import these custom fields. Some products have custom field A, B, and C, while another has only A and C. You would not want for custom field B to show up on the other product. Since all three fields are in your import file, RO CSVI would import even the empty custom field into the product that did not need it.
Now we added the option to the VirtueMart Product import to allow you to skip these empty fields if you wish to do so.
Import from a local database table
For some time we have supported the import from an external database, however importing from a local database was not an option unless you created an export template first and then run that after which you would need to run an import again. That is all quite cumbersome. RO CSVI has introduced the option to select a local table as import source:
The import from an external database has not changed, only now you can select your connection type to use:
Changes in RO CSVI 7.14.0
Check the full list of changes in this release:
- Fixed notice about an empty needle in importing CSV files
- Added option to skip empty custom fields
- Fixed notice when importing an empty price in VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed incorrect rows when importing XLSX files
- Fixed notice about incorrect text enclosure
- Fixed the use of multiple images and generated image names in VirtueMart Media Product import
- Fixed the column sorting on the available fields page
- Added option to import from a local database table
- Fixed running cron shows no file error for external database import
- Fixed shopper custom fields not available in VirtueMart Order Advanced export