CSV Improved 7.12.0
As 2019 is speeding by we have been working hard on this release and the new features it brings. There is a lot to look forward to as we added some productive features.
Using templates is now even easier than before. Templates can be backed up directly from the template listing page. No need to go through the maintenance options anymore.
To run a template can now also be done directly from the template edit page. This saves you the steps from first saving the template, go to the import or export page and start the process. Now just click the Run Template button and you can start.
If you want to write some notes about a template, you can do so in the new introduce notes field. This can be used to specify what that template is for.
In case you have a lot of templates, you can now group them by specifying a tag in the template. In the template list you can filter the templates based on this tag.
Creating a backup of one or more of your templates is now just a 1-click operation, select the template or templates you want to backup and click on Backup from the template list page.
Finally, CSVI remembers which tab you last used in a template, so you get back to where you left off.
A number of issues have been fixed with the VirtueMart imports and exports but we also added a few new features. There is a category_delete field in the Product import that allows you to remove all assigned categories to a product. In the Order export we added support for the VirtueMart textfield plugin. This allows you to export the input from your customers.
Product prices can be set to 0 now by importing a price with a value of 0.
In addition to supporting Joomla extenions, CSVI also supports the export of any table in your database. With the graphical interface you can join all kinds of tables together to export the data you need. Now we have added the alias option to be able to re-use the same table or tables with the same name.
Joomla User Groups
On importing user groups we only looked at the name of the user group but not at the path of the user group. This means importing user groups as Students/Workgroup and Teachers/Workgroup would result in only 1 user group names Workgroup. We have fixed this so that user groups are now taken by their full path.
K2 Item import
The ordering of new articles is now automatically added, so that they are added at the end of the last ordering.
There is a new plugin trigger named onBeforeImport, this will allow you to hook into the import process just before it starts and do some pre-processing if needed.
Check the full list of changes in this release:
- Fixed nested usergroups for Joomla User import
- Added alias option to Custom Table export
- Fixed notices for PHP 7.2 compatiblity
- Added picture_url field to Form2Content Article export
- Fixed Shopper custom field value not exporting VirtueMart Order export
- Fixed customer_note field not exporting in VirtueMart Order export
- Fixed language not used for SEF URLs on Joomla Content export
- Fixed calc rule always created as DBTax in VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed import of translated categories in VirtueMart Category import
- Added option to export empty nodes for XML exports
- Fixed parsing self-closing nodes in XML import
- Fixed stockable custom field deleting previous imported values
- Added increment ordering field for new items on K2 Item import
- Added support for VirtueMart textfield plugin in VirtueMart Order export
- Added plugin trigger onBeforeImport
- Fixed start time logging
- Added button to backup templates from the templates list page
- Added note field to the template for storing comments about the template
- Fixed not processing images when Process images is set to No in J2Store product import
- Fixed overrides not working in front-end export and cron
- Fixed possible warnings on restoring template
- Fixed incorrect message running maintenance task via cron
- Added tags field to template to categorize templates
- Changed handling of nodes with the same name on different levels in XML file
- Changed buffer size reading large files in XML Analyser
- Fixed missing methods in J2Store helper
- Fixed encode option not used for checking file existence
- Added run button on template edit screen
- Added category_delete field in VirtueMart Product import
- Fixed restore of templates not always restoring rules
- Added remember last used tab on template editing
This release is available for free to everyone with an active subscription from the Download section. If you do not have a subscription yet, you can subscribe here.